Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'd Rather Be With You

To begin, there's no point to the photo above, I just thought I'd add a bit of colour to this black and white world of lettering.

So I've been back from Brisbane for 2 days now, and I just haven't worked up the energy/motivation to post until now.

I'll start off with letting you know that the whole time we were away, poor Daneeka was super duper ill and I think my immune system has finally weakend and I'm now stuck with her cold/flu.

So we arrived in Brisbane Friday night and went to the Motel/Resort place (it was pretty dodgy, but all we really did was sleep there) and instantly hit the hay, so we had pleanty of energy for Saturday at Queen Street (last minute decision).
At 8:30 Saturday morning we caught the bus into the city and stayed until 3:00. A definite highlight was taking some mad photos in those Japanese photo booths. And as I am technically challenged, I have no clue on how to work my scanner :/ therefore I'm unable to share my photos with you. While at Queen Street I picked up a super-cute top from temt, a very familiar dress from valleygirl and a vintage-look purse from dotti. Saturday night we dined at the Resort and it was very poorly put together, not enjoyable at all.

Sunday we caught a taxi into Chermside, where we bought a fair bit of smiggle stationary and I scored a water bottle, cotton on body pj's and underwear, another dress (this time floral), a beige cardi and something else that I can't quite remember at the moment. Sunday night was PINK, owhmygosh, seriously. She was soo much better this concert than her I'm Not Dead one. When she came on stage (through a pit in the bottom of the stage) I was so starstruck, that I got a bit teary. All her acrobatics and dances were so brilliant and sharp, she didn't drop her game once!

Our last day, Monday was quite uneventful, and I wasn't too impressed by DFO. I must admit I did pick up one cheap buy, a black and white icon bag for $17. Other than that I got yet again, some more underwear (I swear Daneeka and I live for underwear shopping).

It's now Wednesday night, and I'm sitting in my pajamas, quite content in my Eyore pajamas, drinking a frozen coke to sooth my ripe red throat. I didn't go to school today, or even leave my bedroom for that instance.

But before I go, I must share with you my latest marks on my report card:

A Maths
A English
A Science
B Geography
B HPE
A Business
B Music
A Speech and Drama
B Clarinet
(which is very impressive considering Mr Baylis and KAG were constantly on my case last term for never doing my assessment and being uncommitted. Although my remarks say that I'm not performing to my potential due to lack of motivation, but seriously, I have deep hate for the bloody clarinet!)

Well that's all for now, I need more sleep. Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment