Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's been so long

And I'm very disappointed in myself!

I have so much to talk about, and I conciously feel that I don't have enough time.

I've been constantly checking other people's blogs to see if they've updated or not, and within my curiousity, I've completely discarded my love for writing my own.


Josie Stevens' and Rachel McGann's blogs are soo inspirational, and I'm sure they're well aware of my ocd with their blogging.

If anyone actually reads this thing, be sure to check Josie and Rachel's blogs

-Josie http://www.flatress.blogspot.com/

-Rachel http://www.ohandyourprettyface.blogspot.com/

Owhkay, so since I last posted, sooo much has occurred! I went to Brisbane with Poppy and Courtney, it was sooo great! I scored a tan-leather-look bomber, off white turtle neck and pink, green and yellow Onitsuka Tigers, ahh they're my fave. I seem to be falling madly inlove with shoes, only sneakers though ha.

My next pair I'm splurging on is a pair of apricot coloured nike airs, with little sparrows on them. I can't wait! So, the reason I'm going to Brisbane next is for the Pink concert, ohmy I am so eager to mosh with my mother :) oh, and cora, who I recently discovered is going to the same concert as me, and she's in the mosh also.

Daneeka's also coming down with mum and I, and we're planning on shopping for 3 days straight, hitting DFO, Queen St and Chirmside first and formostly.


Ooh, the following week after pink, I'm lucky enough to be heading down to the gold coast with Taylah, my other best friend, where we'll be watching out mothers attempt to take out the gold in the qld masters tournament.


And on the 28th, Eskimo Joe and Bob Evans are coming to Mackay, I'm not too fussed on Eskimo Joe, but as I'm currently listening to Bob Evans, I'm rather excited for his arrival!

Anyway, getting back to the present. A couple of weeks ago was the Mackay Show : I wasn't as impressed as I have been in previous years, plus a friend's wallet was stollen, we were all interrogated by her mother, and I ate some horrible curry, it was rotton.


I've been inspired a bit lately, by none other than Frankie magazine of course. I'm attempting to modernise my room, with a bit of a vintage feel, if that makes any sence at all, I don't think it does. Besides, I'm struggling a fair bit, trying to save for Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Eskimo Joe, and somewhere between that pay my phone bill and download some music. Hopefully, as my birthday is coming up, I may score a few dollars, or even some ornaments for my room. I just wish I could outsource a cleaner to tidy up my mess of a room!


I shouldn't be so lazy -currently sitting in front of my computer at 12:57pm, in my pajamas- plus it's school holidays, so it's not as if I don't have ample amount of time to clean and refurbish my own little haven. But just so I can contradict myself, I am going to add that this entire holiday break we have and will continue spending it in and out of Mackay, going to and from Seaforth :/ I'm not much of a camper either. And this weekend, we're going to Rocky for some softball clinic, once again, yay can't wait :/


While I sit here, contemplating whether I should get out of my pajamas or not, I'll share with you a closing thought I found in Frankie just last night. The article was on a guy who had lived in Sydney, but decided to do something with his life, help others out, and travel to Kintore, a remote Aboriginal town in the NT:


I learnt a lot from Kintore and it made me question all these preconceived ideas you get growing up in a modern Australian city. Like why do we all have to get a job? Or worry about what we wear or watch? It makes you question all the silly things that rule our life, like have you ever tried to explain why there's 24 hours in a day?


That article made me realise that Australia is always sending troops over to Iraq and the Middle East when really, we are just as proverty stricken and deterred away from normality (black ties, stable income) in our own backyard and we don't even realise it, because we're a developed country, but that's not to say we don't still have developing towns within us.

1 comment:

  1. wow thankyou so much b, thats so lovely.
    im going to see Eskimo J too, mostly just to see Kevin Mtchell haha but shh
    i secretly hope Eskimo play some older songs like Who Sold Her Out or K-Mitch plays some old acoustic Jebediah songs or something !
    yaay ill see you there ! :)

    ReplyDelete